Sunday, June 17, 2007

I think I'm potentially stressed to my max. I hope that things lighten up soon.
Whenever I'm not working recently I've been babysitting. Peyton and Ethan are adorable and I love them both. They have their moments when I want to kill them but . . . that always happens sometimes. I feel really bad for them right now. Their mom moved out a week or two ago and it's definitely throwing them off. They are sad and it's making me sad. For some reason it's been really triggering (I like how I use my namaqua terminology outside of work as well) to me. I think it's just the similarity with the mom moving and the dad being real sad and wanting her to come back. I can't handle talking with him. He always makes me want to cry. I hope whether they divorce or stay together that things get better for them.
I'm currently trying not to care about work. Whitey put in her two week notice on Tuesday. Melissa put in her two week notice on Friday. Koki will be putting his in probably in the next week or two. He's waiting to hear about his internship. You know who that leaves for summer? Me. And only me. Well I guess and Tad but he only does 9-2:30 and we'd fire him if we didn't need the employees because he's the biggest slacker ever and doesn't do shit for us. So I will be breaking in a whole new team. Which is bad in itself but wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to do the teaching too. So people like Paula and Kelly keep thinking that I'm gonna be really upset about people putting their two weeks in, but I'm turning sadness into anger and going with the I don't care attitude. Namaqua's different like that. In most places you are sad if people quit but it doesn't really matter. At Namaqua though you spend your 40 hours with the same 3 people and you rely on them to keep you safe when kids are being violent and you're protecting them so you have a weird closeness.
Our 5 year old is moving on Monday and I'm sad. He's adorable and I am going to miss him in my class. He's really gotten screwed over a lot in life so I hope this new placement works out.
I was spending a lot of time talking to Lauren. Her grandpa died which was really sad. The lawnmower flipped over on him. Of course her parents were on their way to an Alaskan cruise and they had to call them to come back home. I sent a card but I wish I could have done more for their family. I'm sure it was really rough on her dad.
I'm currently looking for a place in Loveland to rent and worrying about everything that goes along with that. Finding a place. Packing everything. Borrowing or renting a truck to move stuff. Stopping all our services here and getting everything hooked up there. Seems like a pain. I hope I love the place.
Bill, Micah and I went to a Rockies game on Friday. It was just what I needed. Getting drunk, two laid back boys, and the Rockies killing Tampa Bay.
On a bright note, Dan is supposed to get the info and get us signed up for soccer tonight. So soon I should be playing every Thursday night which I am PUMPED about.
Tonight is more babysitting and tomorrow starts another long work week (I'm actually approved for like 7 hours of OT a week now because they're making me do all kinds of extra crap) so I better actually get some stuff at the house done and stop playing on the computer.
Less than two months till I see you all but it still seems like forever. I miss you guys.

Quote of the Entry:
"I'm not right
And I'm not fine
I wanna be rain that tastes like wine
I wanna be good
I wanna be great
I wanna be everything except for your mistake"
-"Your Mistake" - Sister Hazel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home