Saturday, April 28, 2007

"If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today." - Rotarian

So I'm ALMOST positive that I'm gonna move back to St. Louis this summer. Or at least somewhere in Missouri. Probably not until July or August but that's seeming like my most likely plan. I think had I not already signed a lease for another year of rent I would have already done so last fall or winter. I'm not sure how it'll all work out or anything but I'm just kind of hoping that will be the best thing for me. I hate feeling like I'm missing out on things or wanting to buy a million plane tickets for all the stuff I want to come home for. Colorado is a cool place and I like hiking and what not. But what fun is a place with things to do if you have no one to do them with. I'd rather be in St. Louis with possibly less things to do but knowing people. I also do love work but that's fading recently mainly cause I don't like the way the place is run and everyone I like is quitting anyways. And I'm sure there are lot of other low paying jobs that involve children that need help.
I'm pretty nervous about work on Monday. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this but I'm teaching the last month of school. We fired one teacher in like December and then another last month and then our newest lasted 2 weeks before putting in her two weeks notice. So now it's me. Which is fine cause when things are a disaster I'd at least like to feel like I have some control so now I'll have lots of control. My only concern is that the kids usually all end up hating the teachers. I feel like I'm pretty close to a lot of the kids right now and have good relationships with them and I don't want this to ruin that. I would be really sad if I lost a lot of their love and respect. They are what keep me going sometimes.
I'm really happy that I was able to go home for Sarah's wedding. It was a lot of fun and I loved dancing! I wish there were things like that every weekend. Why don't more of you just get married already? I also was really excited to see Lauren. We've been talking a lot recently. We never went completely out of contact with each other or anything like that but I like that we're much closer now than we have been for a while. We've seen each other through a lot. I've also talked to Patrick a lot more recntly. I feel like I'm going back to High School. Especially since 3 of my closer high school friends are getting married this year. On the down side of that I feel like while my highschool contact is going up, I do feel like my college contact is going down. That's partially my fault, but I just feel like everyone is too busy. I was kind of expecting it to be the other way around honestly. But either way . . . Hopefully we will all never fall completely out of contact. I guess I could always be 70 and still write you notes on your Facebook wall.
It's beautiful outside. It's like mid 70's and sunshiney. Well I'm thinking about reading a book on the patio or taking a nap. I hope everyone is doing well with finals and studying hard. And those not in school are enjoying work and happy to not be taking finals.

Quote of the entry:
Me: "If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?" (implying a place obviously)
Boy: "With you. Where would you live?"
Me: "Uhhh. . ."
From a conversation with a little boy that breaks my heart everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home