Friday, April 06, 2007

Hit me with your best shot

Hmm So I'll give this shot #2 since the first time I tried this my computer messed up and the whole thing vanished.
Work has been pretty much insane this week. State Investigations. People on administrative leave. One person getting fired. It sucked a lot. It was our team that was under investigation so that was the worst part. Super Super Stressful. At least I was in the clear. I was not responsible and I didn't even have to get interviewed by the county or anything. Other people were not so lucky. That's kind of the scary thing about my job. Our kids are so freaking hard. But if something goes wrong with them we can get charged with neglect. And that's insane. It would ruin people's lives. You could never get a job with kids after that. Luckily Melissa is finally in the clear now and can come back to work on Monday. I love her and I was sad for her. Poor girl was having a breakdown.
I talked to work people like 30 times the past few days. I did have a really good conversation with Kelly last night about work, friends, families, etc. It's just weird. It's like she knows everything I'm thinking and has been through a lot of stuff in her life so has a lot of good comparisons. She's gonna make a kick-ass therapist someday I think.
Namaqua is working on joining up with Larimer Center for Mental Health. It wouldn't change my job really at all but it would mean a pay increase, better benefits, raises, and all kinds of pleasant things like that that we don't normally get. So maybe I'll end up staying at Namaqua longer? Plus most of the time I really do love my job there.
I'm gonna go see the team tomorrow play rugby. Yay. And probably hang out with Whitey for a while. I've been meaning to run to the store to take some fruit and whatnot to the team.
My dad is so cute. It's weird how much he's changed over the course of my life. I used to be really scared of him. But now he is such a big softy. He sent me an Easter card and was so proud of it.
Hmm well that's really all that's exciting that's going on in my life. Things are really stressful right now, but hopefully things'll get better. Hopefully work'll get better and some current problems with my mom will clear up. Being an adult is hard sometimes. Sometimes I think I'm a lot older than I really am. Maybe it's all the 10 year olds wanting me to be their mom. Dang adorable fucked up kids.

Good Song with a Good Lesson

Quote of the Entry:
Run your car off the side of the road
Get stuck in a ditch way out in the middle of nowhere
Or get yourself in a bind,
Lose the shirt off your back,
Need a floor, need a couch, need a bus fare…

This is where the rubber meets the road
This is where the cream is gonna rise
This is what you really didn't know
This is where the truth don’t lie

Find out who your friends are
Somebody’s gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas, get there fast
Never stop to think “what’s in it for me?”
Or “it’s way too far”
They just show on up
With their big ol’ heart
Yeah find out who your friends are.

- Find Out Who Your Friends Are - Tracy Lawrence

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home