Sunday, June 10, 2007

I had a fantastic day

Here's the recap.
12-3 Taste of Fort Collins with Bill. Had some excellent barbecue. Listened to some live music (the Fort Collins Symphony, which was fine, and then a Denver band called The Trampolines. They were awesome I thought. I even bought their CD)
3-5 Barbecue at Dave and Heather's (Bill's friends) for their birthday.
5-8:30 Back to Taste of Fort Collins. A delicious Frozen lemonade/Bacardi Limon drink, a bag of kettle corn, and SISTER HAZEL in concert. They were awesome. They definitely rank as one of my top bands so I was pumped to hear that they were coming to Fort Collins. They put on a great show. I knew about 3/4 of their songs. They played a lot of songs from their new CD that was just released 4 days ago so I didn't know those ones unfortunately.
8:30-9:30 Back to the BBQ to see if more people we knew had showed up.
This is when things got interesting. Emily called wanting Bill and I to go to Denver to watch some band play. We kind of felt bad when she showed up at the BBQ begging us so we said yes. They were going to run to Bill's to let Angel out and then come pick me up. However on the way home I completely forgot about telling Tyler and Dan that I would stop by Relay for Life and visit them. So I backed out on the Denver trip.
10:30-1:30 Trip to Relay for Life in Loveland. Walked for about 2 hours with Dan and Tyler.
Finally back home after a long day and decided to update for all of you since I was in a good mood.
It was a pretty good week overall. Work has been a little iffy with all the new people. All the older people have really had to pick up a lot of slack.
Wednesday I went and watched Bill and Micah play softball and then went out to get drinks with their team. It was quite the good time especially since the bar was having karaoke and there are some funny people on their team.
Last night Bill and I BBQ'd. It's nice to have dinner with someone else cause then you don't feel like you're making way too much for one person.
Dan has a friend who needs some more players for summer soccer I guess on Thursday nights so it's looking good that I might be able to join that which I would be super pumped about. That's a really long run on sentence that I just wrote by the way.
Well that's about it I guess. The house is pretty empty now that I have a 3 bedroom house with one person's stuff. I hate looking for someplace to move to.
I'm already really excited for the float trip and alumni. 2 good reasons to come home. And I will more than likely be home for Christmas this year which hasn't happened in a while. Yay for seeing old friends! Now all I have to do is get swimsuit ready. Bring on the running.
I hope that everyone is enjoying that it's summer.

Quote of the Entry:

"Hey hey-
Have you ever danced in the rain
Or thanked the sun
Just for shining- just for shining
Or the sea?
Oh no- take it all in
The world's a show
And yeah, you look much better,
Look much better when you glow

If you've had enough
Of all your tryin'
Just give up
The state of mind you're in…

If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
If you want to be somebody else
Change your mind..."
- "Change Your Mind" - Sister Hazel

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yay for float trip and also maybe coming home for Christmas!! And no worries, I'm far from swimsuit ready, too :)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun time! I love Sister Hazel, I saw them when they came here for Live on the Levee. The relay for life I was involved with here was unfortuntely cancelled due to inclement weather.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home